Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I got some material!

I had my finals today, but I was able to go to the library before I came home. I picked up 7 books on photography, 3 books on small businesses, and 1 on iLife. I thought about using iWeb to make an official website, but I'm not sure I could do everything on it that I want. For example, making it so people can make purchases. Do people even purchase things on photographers website, like a photo shoot, or would they mostly just call up and want to talk to me. I need to figure out how I would take in revenue - cash only, or pay to take debit and credit cards through a processing company. I saw I can use on a website and I think that might be free? Or I can e-mail people through paypal so it would be free for me, I would e-mail them the bill. So much to contemplate and decide!!


So I plan to read up a little on businesses and photography. I am so tempted to get a license for my soon to be business now so that the name isn't taken. I don't know why it would, as there probably isn't too many Ashley Hansens out there about to start a photography business. 


I also got an e-mail back from the PhotoCenter NW. They told me... the "Digital course is focused on teaching students how to work with their cameras, explore their personal vision, and gain aesthetic awareness and vocabulary." Sounds like a great place to me. They offer a certificate that is 53 credits, but the digital photography is not part of it. I'm not sure what times they offer classes in the summer, but by the way they have classes now, it would be once a week. They also offer a digital imaging class to learn photoshop, which would be great. I would love to take both, but I'm not sure how I would pay for it. All my income from my part time job is already going towards bills and paying for the camera stuff. It's $650 a class, and $1,300 is a lot just to learn photoshop and photography. I wish it was cheaper. Maybe I will look around and see if I can learn it cheaper someplace else. I just found a 2 day class for $525. Wow. I found private tutors for $40, but if I take the class, then it's about $22 an hour. Hmm, I am not sure what I want to do. I will keep my options open. I'm sad that I am taking 15 credits next quarter because I really wish I could take a photography class.


On Tuesday I got almost everything I ordered online. I have not received my Adobe or my camera bag yet. I really want my camera bag because I want to store my equipment in a nice place. Right now my camera is just in the box it came in - the shipping box. But the camera bag hasn't even shipped. It has said "shipping soon" for the last couple of days.


Well, I probably work at 6am (I'm on call) so I am going to get ready for bed and hit up the books for a few minutes. I am so anxious to read them, but I do need my sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment